Set a Great Precedent and Others will Gladly Follow. - Danidinho.





The identity of a very fine man is his handsomeness, the type everyone sees, becomes struck and cannot afford to fail to love and compliment. Such a great gift from God to masculine beneficiaries is found, explored in one of the most celebrated elegant male students of the Department of English, Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-ife, Nigeria, Mr UK Nigeria, Danidinho. Meet OAU's part three asset whose radiance, allure, frankness and candour about himself and his careers as a student and model are impressive. Besides, his is a life story which can inspire readers. I am sharing happily right away. Happy reading.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.specpal.bukolapedia2



Can we meet you, Mr Handsome?
I am Tiamiyu Daniel Oluwafemi. Born into a family of six, one blessed with a set of twins who are my elders and a doting younger, beautiful one, I was bred in Felele, Ibadan, Oyo state, Nigeria. I am an undergraduate of Obafemi Awolowo University where I am studying English language and I am the current Mr UK Nigeria. 

Tell us more about your educational background briefly.
I attended Zeekhad Nursery and Primary school, Niger West, Orita, as well as Islamic Mission School, Idoye, Beere, all in Ibadan for my primary education, after which I proceeded to Eyinni High School and Ibadan Grammar School where I had my Junior and Senior secondary school education respectively. I was a senior prefect at Ibadan Grammar School for an academic year.
Your fans want to know how your childhood experience was like, Daniel.
Oh! My childhood experience was hellish but good and filled with fun...

Hellish but good and filled with fun?
Yes. I was a typical street boy who dwelled in a ghetto. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I faced a terrible financial challenge. Then, I lived most of my life surviving on peddling. I hawked pepper, moimoi, puff-puff and several other stuffs in streets. I did all alongside fellows like Paulo and Obinna whose present whereabouts I do not know. My poor condition was demoralising, yet, my mind was a farm of a growing optimism that things would get better with time. As I said earlier, I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth but I stand and hope towards the realisation of the saying that poverty must not run through three generations in the lives of my children. I pray they will not experience poverty. I want God to enable me have and breed them under a comfortable, affluent condition.

Your comeliness is conspicuous, striking, charming, dazzling. What do you have to say to God for the cultured, polished endowment?
I am grateful to God always. It is a great blessing to me and will be a source of blessing to my unborn generations.

You have a smooth, fair skin, spotless face and shapely figure. Is there any great secret behind your handsomeness?
The secret is God. Moreover, one needs God to make any effort to enhance one's beauty to work. I try to sustain the freshness of every part of my body, though, because they are my selling points.

How much does it cost to maintain a fine boy status?
(Laughs) I will not say it costs too much or less to maintain handsomeness. It is mainly a gradual process. What one eats will largely determine the state of one's beauty. While unwholesome or poor food will only impoverish the human body, good, nutritious food, fruits and vegetables help nourish beauty. Quality food might be quite dear but they are required for the effective maintainance of one's fineness. Besides, one must care, treat one's skin specially. It is advisable that one should preserve its luxury with natural products. For instance, I bathe with Zee-black soap which is a product of a mixture of natural products. It is important to keep one's beauty shining.

As an admission seeker who was lucky to secure a significant one in Obafemi Awolowo University, to what degree were you excited when you gained it?
I was over joyous. Having suffered an unprecedented level of frustration when my name was missing on the first two previous list of admitted students, I was on the verge of purchasing a new United Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) form when a third list was released and I was one of the assignees. I was very happy.

Wow! Why did you choose to study English language?
I did not choose English; English chose me (laughter). Actually, I applied to study law...

So, you are one of the wounded, prospective lawyers?
Yes! 

So far, how do you find English language as a major?
It has been good. My initial thought that I would not be able to cope with it has been refuted. I am happy I am being transformed into a language doctor and as a learner of English as a second language, a well structured four year program will earn me a sound intelligibility of the language, which will enable me communicate correctly and effectively wherever I find myself in any part of the globe.


It is a truism that education and entertainment are two intertwined ball games. How adequately have you been playing both simultaneously? 
I have been playing both productively. You know their fusion is edutainment, the way we do it with clipping and blending (laughter).

Ha! You are featuring word formation processes in our discussion, Mr Handsome, I love it! Shana!...
Yes! That is the way it works. Education and entertainment are two associated games that add up to become edutainment. I believe strongly in the God factor. When one puts God first, one would definitely combine both successfully. I am managing them well. People ask me how I am able to achieve it. Studiousness and diligence are my guides. I let them pilot me, my time prudently.

Surely, attracted ladies have had huge crushes on you. 
Yes. It is God at work (laughter).

How do you handle them alongside study? Hope they have not been a massive distraction.
I respect them as my very loving fans. God has blessed me with them. They make me feel loved. I can count on them for support always, hence I return their affection with appreciation and cheerfulness. To my diehards, I say I love them all.

How often do your fellow men compliment your physical attractiveness?
They do frequently. They hail me with slangs popular among guys in Obafemi Awolowo University, "Baba, you fresh o, Baba, I fall for you o..." It makes my pride, coupled with the fact that ladies say I am cute and handsome. They make my joy.

Being Osun state's representative and winner of male category of the pageant organised by House of CEO and Patchinos International Organisation, surely, you have made your home, friends, lovers, the state government, Faculty of Arts and Obafemi Awolowo University's Department of English language proud. How do you feel?
I feel elated, so happy about the fact that I have made my home, friends and lovers proud. It is an honour to represent a state, university, faculty and department, too. To be candid with you, initially, I was skeptical about my chance of emerging the winner of the pageant when I entered it. I thank God I won. I appreciate the very good people of Osun state who gave me financial and moral support. I am using this opportunity to say thank you to everyone. I feel elated and blessed.

Is this your maiden participation in a pageant?
No.

Tell us about your past participations and achievements in the glamorous world of pageantry.
I have been active in the pageantry world since I was in Part one. At the departmental level, I contested and won the Mr NASELS (National Association of Students of English and Literary Studies) pageant, after which I represented the Department of English and won the pageant at the faculty level organised by the Faculty of Arts Students Association (FASA). In short, I have won two pageants before I represented Osun state in the Mr UK Nigeria 2018 Pageant at the national level. 

As Mr UK Nigeria, what are your obligations?
My obligations are clear. As Mr UK Nigeria, I am obliged to showcase the dependability of the organisers of the pageant, as well as my goal to help the Nigerian society fight social vices. I am obliged to be a worthy ambassador of the organisers, my state, my school and country to the international community and organisations, including the United Nations (UN), International Labour Organisation (ILO), and foreign non-governmental organisations dedicated to fighting, eradicating social vices. And my actions must be taken appropriately, in accordance with the directives of the organisation I represent.

Your pet project is "Campaign Against Child Trafficking".
Yes.

What is child trafficking all about?
Let me start by defining child trafficking. According to the International Labour Organisation (ILO), Child trafficking is about taking children out of their protective environment and preying on their vulnerability for the purpose of exploitation. Child trafficking involves the recruitment and exploitation of children in terms of "bonded labour, camel jockeying, child domestic labour, commercial sexual exploitation and prostitution, drug couriering, and child soldiering to exploitative or slavery-like practices in the informal industrial sector."
Three mechanisms: recruitment, transportation and exploitation are involved. The aspect of recruitment takes place between recruiters and recruitees either by financial persuasion or outright force. Poverty, dereliction on the part of erring parents, devastating effects of war, as well as Illiteracy are factors that help the crime of child trafficking to grow. When a bargain is struck, victims are transported by land or water to destinations where they are exploited. They are demoralised, dehumanised, denied the right to live a free, honourable life.

So, how do you intend to contribute your quota to the eradication of such an ill in the Nigerian society?
I must state here that Child Trafficking is not peculiar to Nigeria alone. Other African countries, including Benin, Togo, Cameroun, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Gabon and Mali experience one form or the other of it. Affected African countries account for about an alarming percentage of millions of victims all over the world. While these traffickers make a hell of money from this ignoble business, huge funds are launched, allocated to check, end their criminal activities in these countries. 
Women Trafficking and Child Labour Eradication Foundation (WOTCLEF), the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), Devatop Centre for Africa Development (DCAD), Women Consortium of Nigeria (WOCON) and other prestigious organisations have tried their best to curb the act in Nigeria. I aim to toe the line of the relevant bodies, governmental and nongovernmental, to campaign against the act and provide rescue, rehabilitation and recovery for victims, as specified in the The 2003 Trafficking in Persons Law Enforcement and Administration Act amended in 2005. The law must catch up with every trafficker, hence, I will support the tracking down, apprehension, prosecution and conviction of offenders. Furthermore, I will join forces with renowned social crusaders like Joe Obiajulu Okei-Odumakin, Kanu Nnwankwo, Mohammed Fawehinmi and other notable personalities in the fight against child abuse. It may not be possible to achieve a hundred percent eradication of child trafficking, but I am poised to make landmark contributions to its reduction to its bearest minimum, to make saving and transforming impact in the lives of helpless victims out there. 
Every 11th June is World Day Against Child Labour. I will be making a big one to commemorate the day, too. 

Aside pageantry, what other businesses appeal to you?
The fashion and make believe businesses appeal to me. I am the Chief Executive Officer of Allure Collection, a fashion brand that deals in shoes, clothes, accessories and other fashion items. I act at every opportunity, too. Besides, I play football well as an extramural activity. It earned me my nickname, Danidinho, during my days as a Junior Secondary school student which I bear till date. 

You mentioned that you act at every opportunity. How many plays have you featured in?
A few. I have featured in soap operas like "The Way", as well as " Looking In The Mirror " where I played a minor role. I was a lead character in our DRA101 group play...


Oh Yes! Dr Justin Tijime Awuawer's group play assignment...
Yes. I played the role of a prince in the play. It was great fun. 

Fine men spend a great deal of their free time to care for their great, fit look always. How do you achieve this?
As a model, maintaining fitness is one of my priorities. I spend quality time to work on my posture; I gym to be fitter. I care for my face, skin and other body parts well. 

What composes your makeup kit?
Distinct makeup items. One of them is perfume. I love to use redolent perfumes. I cannot go out without applying perfume on my body. I do not have bad body odour but I use it because they spice, enhance my body smell. I love to smell special all the time anywhere, anytime I find myself. Other items I have in my makeup kit are quality face and body wash soaps; toiletries; skin care treatment, hair and body creams. 

You know our university's motto is for learning and culture...
Of course.

How do your mode of dressing promotes it?
I dress to promote our moral culture; I dress moderately. I dress to promote our indigenous culture, too. I stuff my wardrobe with our cultural wears, ranging from Dansiki, Agbada to Buba and Sokoto made with materials including Ankara, Guinea and Lace, to promote our culture, traditional identity. Also, I dress to promote the English culture. I patronise classical shirts, trousers, shoe collection like alongside Chi collections and blazers, too. I wear all not only to look good but also to represent their brands. Above all, I dress to stand out. 


Who is your role model?
I have many role models. I have them in the modelling, make believe, music Industries, and in the political world. They include Bryan Okpara, IK Ogbonna, Alex Ekpubo, Richard Mofe Damijo (RMD), 2pac, Kiss Daniel and Senator Dino Melaye.

Is there any other interest you are passionate about in life?
I have passion for politics. Don't be surprised if I contest, win and occupy a big national post after the forthcoming 2019 elections. (Laughter). I love politics. The passion for it runs in me like blood runs in my veins. I have served as NASELS Assistant General Secretary. Last semester, early this year, I contested for the post of NASELS President alongside winner, Ogunbiyi Akinleye Matthias. Though I lost, life has proved that every disappointment is a blessing because I have been favoured in another way. Seriously, I was shattered by the loss. Even so, I am happy I summoned up the courage, encouragement to assemble my crushed hope, entered the pageant and emerged the winner. My new status as Mr UK Nigeria is a great blessing to me and I hope to go into politics full-time in the next few years.

What gives you displeasure or dissatisfaction?
Uhm...Let me think. I will state my likes first. I like human virtues: straightforwardness, hard work, and  effective, oratory, persuasive prowess. I hate lies, criminal tendencies and actions. According to 2pac Shakur, one thing we all adore is something worth dying for. Stuck in the game, searching for fortune and fame, I still have a long way to go in life and I will not like to be associated with any form of pretension or deceit. I like it when everyone and everything are real, true.

Everyone else desires to know fine men's best food. Which is yours?
Mine is rice and beans. I love to take it with fish or meat. 

Who makes your choicest choice of a parental doting, your Dad or Mum?
Ah! I don't want to say my Dad or Mum. I dare not say I prefer either. The truth is, I love both of them so much. Jointly, they fill a gap in my life no one else can. I love them both.

King Tiamiyu Daniel, Your female fans, crushes need to know if or not you have a "queen" already. 
(Laughs) It is an issue I do not want to talk about in, or make public. I crave a right to strictly make it private.

But your crushes will not be happy you are hiding such a vital information. They need to know.
Ok. I am single and I am not single (laughter).

Daniel, which one do you expect your fans to hold?
The truth is, too many dears are "pulling my legs..."

That is the reason why your fans want to know if you are available or not, to know if they are free to pull your legs, too...
They are free to "pull my legs," too (laughter). 

They will read you, Daniel. Expect more pulls. 
(Laughter).

Meanwhile, I want you to leave a parting, advisory message for the benefit of your numerous fans.
Thanks Bukola. I preach and practice selflessness. I want my fans to emulate me. Selfless service is not just about making impact. It is more about making our world a better place to live in. This is what really matters. It is high time we asked ourselves this salient question: what have we done, individually or collectively to help the needy, transform our society? When we devote our time, efforts to this cause successfully, posterity will regard us as blessed and celebrate us. In other words, whatever we do to our advantage are mainly ours, but all we contribute to make life better for others will become an immortal, enviable history. We shall be loved, respected, celebrated even in death. No one can be like you but you can make people aspire to be like you with your heroic deeds. Set a great precedent and others will gladly follow.



Copyright BUKOLAPEDIA.


Writer: Bukola Olafenwa.
College: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife, Nigeria.
Email: bukolaolafenwa@gmail.com.

Comments

Unknown said…
Great one. T'waz good to have had a peep into the life of a growing model. Thumbs up.
Unknown said…
Great one. T'waz good to have had a peep into the life of a growing model. Thumbs up.

Popular posts from this blog

One Crime Every Woman Commits...

Just Believe You Can Do It - TobianoAce